The Clinical Manager oversees the Bereavement Support Services provided by the Ipswich Hospice Social Worker and a team of experienced support volunteers. Services offered include one-to-one support, drop-in group, Adult Grief group and Kids’ Grief Group.
Hilda’s House has no set fee for services with donations gratefully accepted.
- Individual Support
- One-to-one support for people who are bereaved and would prefer face-to-face meetings.
- Kids’ Grief Group
- A seven-week program for children between 6 and 14 years who are bereaved and want a safe environment to express and understand their feelings of grief while meeting other children in similar situations.
- Parents and Carers Support Group
- A seven-week program for people supporting children through grief and who are interested in understanding more about the way children grieve. The program aims to draw and build on the existing skills and knowledge of the group.
- Adult Grief Group
- A seven week program for adults who are bereaved and would like to get together with others in a facilitated group, to share stories of loss and hope and gain insight into their feelings. The focus of the group is on sharing stories and resources.
- Drop-In Group
- A fortnightly meeting for people who are bereaved and are interested in connecting with others in a similar situation.
- Palliative Care Counselling
- Individual and family counselling for people who are facing the end of their life or that of a loved one.
Our bereavement support services are partly funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), an initiative of the Commonwealth Department of Health.
Telephone: (07) 3812 1163 Fax: (07) 3812 0232