Nurse Practitioner Palliative Care
Ipswich Hospice Care is looking for its first Nurse Practitioner to provide clinical leadership in collaboration with visiting palliative care physicians and GPs. Ipswich Hospice is a 7-bed community palliative care facility located in the heart of Ipswich.
This full-time position is responsible for providing clinical nursing leadership to the hospice team, within a framework of collaboration and advanced practice nursing. The Nurse Practitioner will also work with the Director of Nursing to build capacity within existing services and identify opportunities for future service development.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Registration as a registered nurse with current National registration in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA)
- Endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner in accordance with the requirements of AHPRA
- Postgraduate qualification(s) relevant to this position from a registered tertiary institution
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in palliative care nursing and able to work autonomously to assess, investigate and implement appropriate treatment within an agreed scope of practice.
- Ability to mentor and provide education informally and within formal settings
- Demonstrated ability in effective communication and negotiation skills
- A commitment to person centred care to enhance service delivery
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement processes and evidence based palliative care
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a new chapter for Ipswich Hospice. For more information or a copy of the position description please contact Rosie Laidlaw, Acting Director of Nursing via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and key attributes for this role (no more than two sides of A4) to: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 31st July 2019.
Ipswich Hospice reserves the right to progress applications prior to the closing date.